Tips For Efficient Home Heating
Stay warm all winter long with these home heating tips
Have you ever felt cold in your southeastern Massachusetts home even though you have your heat running? This could be a sign that you are not heating your home as efficiently as you could.
Since we are all familiar with just how cold a Massachusetts winter can be, you will probably be relieved to know that there are some things you can do to help heat your home more efficiently.
Conserving Energy When Heating Your Home
If you are feeling a draft in your house and don’t feel like your heat is actually heating your house, here are some tips and things you can try to heat your home more efficiently:
- Let the sun in: Think of the sun as a heating device that doesn’t cost you anything. Make sure to open your home’s curtains and blinds every morning. The sunlight that comes in through the windows will feel like additional heat. If you then close those same curtains and blinds at night, your home will hold onto the heat that came into your house throughout the day.
- Install a programmable thermostat: These devices allow you to easily control the temperature throughout your home and they can be pre-set so that your house is nice and warm when you arrive home after being gone all day.
- Add insulation: The addition of insulation to a home will make it more energy-efficient as well as warmer.
- Get rid of drafts: Heat can seep out of a home through small gaps around windows, doors, chimneys and ductwork. Caulking a home’s windows and adding door sweeps and weather stripping can all help keep heat inside a house.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your heating system: When you don’t professionally maintain a heating system, your heating system can lose up to 5% of its efficiency a year.
W.H. Riley’s Heating Services
Professional maintenance on a home heating system is where W.H. Riley comes in. Our certified technicians can repair and provide maintenance on furnaces and boiler heating systems that use propane, natural gas and heating oil. Our maintenance visits include:
- Filter replacements and the replacement of any damaged or overused parts
- An inspection of the heating system for damage or potential problems
- A top to bottom clean of your heating system
- A thorough check to make sure your heating system is working as efficiently as possible
On top of all that, you can also rely on us for heating installation. when it comes to both boilers and furnaces.
Don’t Wait To Schedule Heating System Maintenance
Don’t wait until the winter to schedule maintenance for your heating system. The last thing you probably want is to find yourself with a heater that doesn’t work on a cold, snowy winter day. Plus, more scheduling conflicts pop up in the winter and heating oil is more in demand and can therefore be harder to find. Believe it or not, spring is actually the best time to schedule heating system maintenance. This lets you avoid experiencing any potential problems in the dead of winter.
So don’t wait until it’s too late – contact W.H. Riley & Son for your heating system tune-up today!