Which Type of Water Heater Is Best For You?
When it comes to being a business or a homeowner, it can sometimes feel like there is an endless laundry list of decisions that need to be made. One of the decisions that you have to make concerns the type of water heater that you use. This is not a decision to take lightly considering how much we rely on hot water for things like showering, washing dishes, washing our hands and cleaning clothes. One of the last things a southeastern Massachusetts’s homeowner or business owner wants to deal with is suddenly not having hot water, especially on a blistering cold and snowy day. So what type of water heater is best for you, your family or your business?
Types Of Water Heaters
Let’s break down the different types of water heaters that are out there on the market today:
- Conventional storage tank water heaters: These heat water up and then store that hot water in a tank. They include devices that are powered by electricity and natural gas.
- Tankless water heaters: Tankless water heaters instantly heat water and operate on demand so there is no waiting period for the water you need to get hot. Included in this category are propane tankless water heaters.
The Benefits of Propane Water Heaters
A propane water heater can benefit your home or business in lots of ways. Here are just a few:
- Propane is a clean burning fuel, which means it’s good for the environment. It emits lower greenhouse gases when you compare it to other fuels.
- Propane is usually more cost efficient than other energy sources. Water heating costs are generally lower when using propane and propane water heaters are usually cheaper to repair than some other types of water heaters.
- Propane is extremely versatile and can be used as a power source for numerous appliances including heaters, stoves and clothes dryers.
Tankless water heaters provide an endless supply of hot water whenever you need it. That means that as soon as you turn your shower on hot water is flowing and available. It also means that hot water can be available in your shower at the same time that your dishwasher is running. Since tankless water heaters only put in the effort to heat water when hot water is actually needed, they are energy-efficient. Plus, they are compact and don’t take up as much of a footprint as conventional heaters.
W.H. Riley & Son can help you figure out which kind of water heater is right for your home or business. Whether you use propane, natural gas or heating oil to warm your water, we can be your one stop shop in southeastern Massachusetts for water heater installation, maintenance and repairs.
Don’t wait until your current hot water heater stops working to consider an upgrade or to schedule a servicing appointment. Contact W.H. Riley & Son today to learn more about our water heating services and to get an estimate for a new propane water heater!