How Does a Furnace Work?
Autumn is here and that means you and your family will become increasingly dependent on your home’s heating system to keep you comfortable. If you have a furnace, now is a good time to refamiliarize yourself with the basics of your home heating system and schedule a maintenance visit. Don’t get caught with a no-heat emergency this winter because you skipped out on maintenance. Nearly 80% of heating systems repairs are avoidable with routine maintenance. A maintenance visit now will make it less likely that you’ll need unexpected (and more costly) repairs this winter.
W.H. Riley & Son can handle all your furnace needs. We provide furnace installation, furnace maintenance, and furnace repair in Bristol County Massachusetts, and nearby.
A furnace is a forced air system. Furnaces burn fuel like heating oil or propane to heat air that a blower fan then pushes through your home through a system of ducts that lead to vents.
Furnaces are a popular heating system among homeowners like you in Southeastern Massachusetts. That’s largely because furnaces offer certain advantages over other heating systems. Here are some of the benefits of having a furnace:
- The ductwork used for forced-air heating from a furnace can also be used for air conditioning. That makes it easier and more affordable for a home with a furnace to also have central air conditioning.
- Furnaces are very energy efficient when it comes to heating a home. Many of today’s propane furnaces have Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings over 90 percent.
- If you’d like to further enhance your home’s indoor air quality, you can add filtration and humidification systems.
- Furnaces tend to get the job of heating a space done faster than other heating systems. That means you and your family will be comfortable sooner.
- Furnaces tend to take up less space than boilers do. If your family is like most, you want more space in your home not less.
- On average, a furnace heating system can last for about 20 years. And the better you are about getting regular maintenance for your furnace, the longer it should last. Just another reason to let W.H. Riley perform a yearly maintenance visit.
- Furnaces cost less to maintain and repair over their lifespan than other heating systems.
- Furnaces can be used with programmable thermostats which helps you save energy and money.
W.H. Riley Can Handle It
W.H. Riley & Son is a full-service furnace company. If it’s time for an upgrade, we can help you find the right furnace for your home or business. We offer free estimates, and we even make buying a new furnace easier with payment plans and help taking advantage of available rebates.
If you’re sticking with the furnace you already have, we can help keep it in top shape. Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your heating system running efficiently. If you run into a problem, our trained and certified service technicians offer exceptional troubleshooting and furnace repair services. And if you’re one of our fuel customers, we offer 24/7 emergency service.
Contact W.H. Riley & Son today to learn more or to make us your source for furnace heating.