Why Should I Swap My Window A/C For A Mini-Split?
No Ducts? No Problem!
Experts are expecting a hot one in the northeast this summer, which means having an efficient and effective cooling system will be critical. The question is, are those old, clunky window units you have up to the task?
If you’re interested in getting the best value for your cooling dollar – not to mention the best comfort – we highly recommend swapping out those window A/Cs for a Mitsubishi-mini-split air conditioner.
Five Benefits Of A Mini-Split System
A mini-split (also called a ductless or ductless mini-split) cooling system is a cost-effective alternative to loud, ugly, light-blocking window units – and sometimes even to central air conditioners.
Mini-splits are the perfect way to add cooling equipment to homes that use a boiler-based heating system (one with baseboards or radiators), and a great way to add A/C to hard-to-cool rooms and home additions.
Compared to window air conditioners and other cooling options, ductless systems are:
- Less expensive to run – Ductless systems are more efficient than window units (often by three SEER points or more) and easier to drive than central air units – and with the ability to create “zones” in your home, you can completely control how you “spend” your cold air.
- Easier to configure – Have a “problem room” that you just can’t cool? Just choose the right-sized air handler (the indoor component of a mini-split system) and that problem is solved. You can install mini-splits just about anywhere there’s access to an external wall – even in rooms with no windows.
- A snap to install – Each air handler runs is connected by small pipes to the outdoor condenser unit, so you only need one or two small (3”) holes in your wall to install a system. Installation of your ductless system can often be completed in a single day. You won’t have to drag your window units out of the basement or garage.
- Better for your health – Ductwork is a breeding ground for mold and other microorganism growth, with condensation and cool air combining to create a perfect storm for poor air quality. No ducts mean no mold issues.
- Better for the ozone – Efficient ductless systems use less electricity. They also use a refrigerant called R410A, which is more environmentally friendly than other refrigerants.
Ready to upgrade your window air conditioners? Install a Mitsubishi ductless system! For a FREE, no-obligation estimate on a mini-split A/C system installation in southeastern MA, contact the pros at W.H. Riley & Son today – and don’t forget to ask about Mass Save rebates that could save you hundreds of dollars on a new installation!