How To Prepare For A Heating Oil Delivery
Please help us keep our crews safe so they can get fuel to as many of our customers as possible on delivery day by taking care of the following tasks in advance of our arrival – particularly during and in the aftermath of severe winter weather.
- Clear a path to your fill pipe or fill vent – Snow, ice, and fallen debris make it difficult for our crews to safely deliver your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your oil or propane tank clear so our team can reach it easy and safely. If you are a propane customer, mark the tank’s fill vent with a tall flag so our crews can easily spot it in heavy or drifting snow.
- Shovel/salt your driveway – If your fuel tank can only be accessed via your driveway, please keep the driveway clear and ice-free so our crews can navigate it safely – keeping in mind that our trucks are wider than your car.
- Unlock gates – If access to your tank requires our crew to enter through a gate, please make sure it is unlocked on delivery day – or make sure someone is home to let our delivery team in. Also, make sure snow and ice are cleared so that gates can open easily.
- Keep pets under control – We want to deliver your heating oil or propane, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secured on delivery day.
- Be accessible – Make sure an adult is reachable on delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person. If something unexpected happens that requires your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to reach you quickly.
Thanks for helping W.H. Riley & Son keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil and propane delivery in the southeastern MA. Our drivers appreciate your consideration!