Choosing A New Heating Oil Supplier
Here Are 5 Factors To Consider In Making Your Choice
When it comes to choosing a company to supply your heating oil, it’s probably tempting to look for the best price and call it a day. We get it – it’s not easy to own and heat a home in New England these days.
But like most things in life, you get what you pay for: if a deal for heating oil sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Rather than simply looking for the lowest heating oil price in RI and MA and then reaching a disconnected number when you call for your next fill-up – believe us, it happens – we urge you to consider looking for the best value when looking for a heating oil supplier.
Choosing The Right Fuel Company
How do you do it? Here are some tips.
- Favor companies with a long history. Longevity is a good indicator of commitment in this business, because it’s not easy to stick around in a challenging, highly competitive industry like fuel delivery. Look for companies that have been around a while (we’re closing in on 150 years, for example!).
- Ask for testimonials and recommendations. Your personal network of friends and colleagues are a great place to start when it comes to choosing a heating oil supplier; online reviews are great, too.
- Ask about their access to quality heating oil. Not all home heating oil is created equal! Bottom of the barrel companies use bottom of the barrel oil – often literally. Companies that have been around a long time tend to have solid relationships with reputable wholesalers (not typically true with discounters), plus their own storage facilities to keep oil on-hand during shortages.
- Favor companies that also offer equipment maintenance and repairs. Reliable heating oil deliveries are great, but what happens if your heating equipment fails, or isn’t performing the way it should? Look for fuel suppliers that offer expert heating equipment maintenance and emergency heating repairs by certified technicians to complement their heating oil deliveries.
- Favor companies that offer free services that make life easier. It’s also helpful to choose a company that offers no-cost services that will make heating season go a little more smoothly – services like automatic fuel delivery, online bill paying, equipment financing, and more.