Automatic Vs. Will Call Fuel Delivery: Which Is Better?
When it comes to having your fuel delivered from W.H. Riley & Son, you have two choices: automatic delivery and “will call.” Which is better?
It’s mostly a matter of preference, although we think automatic delivery holds some significant advantages when it comes to managing your propane or heating oil supply for the winter. Let’s take a look.
Automatic Heating Oil Or Propane Delivery
With automatic delivery, we estimate how much fuel you will probably use based on your past usage, taking into account the current weather (if you have recently become a W.H. Riley & Son customer, we will estimate based on homes of similar size in your area). Our teams will schedule your delivery once your tank reaches about one-quarter full.
- No need to watch your fuel levels
- Minimal chance for a fuel run-out
- No need to schedule a delivery
- You get priority fuel service in periods of high demand
- You rely on us to schedule your deliveries rather than managing the process yourself (most consider this a “pro”!)
- If you make a significant change in your home or lifestyle (build an addition to your home, add a new family member who needs additional heat on in the house, etc.) without letting us know, our computer estimates will be off, which could lead to a fuel run-out
Will Call Heating Oil Or Propane Delivery
- You’re in control from start to finish.
- Up to 7-day advance notice is needed for a delivery request* – especially during peak heating months (a good rule of thumb is to call when the level of your tank reads no less than 25 percent full).
- You are responsible for tracking your fuel levels, which can drop quickly during periods of extreme cold.
- Will call fuel delivery service is provided on a first come, first serve basis – we’ll fill it the next time we are on that route in your area; you don’t get priority service as you do with automatic fuel delivery.
Automatic fuel delivery has some significant advantages over will call – a big reason why most of our customers take advantage of this convenient and FREE service. Still, if you prefer to watch the fuel level of their storage tank, that’s no problem – when you’re a W.H. Riley & Son customer, you get your fuel your way!
For reliable heating oil deliveries and propane deliveries in northern RI and southeastern MA, no one beats the pros at W.H. Riley & Son. Experience the difference for yourself – join the W.H. Riley & Son family of customers today!
*W.H. Riley & Son is not responsible for run-outs if you do not provide enough notice for delivery. In some cases, we can make a same-day emergency heating oil delivery if you have a run-out or you’re close to running out, but extra charges may apply.