W.H. Riley & Son has been around a long time.
W.H. Riley has been around a long time. How long might you ask? Well in the year W.H. Riley was founded…
- Ulysses S. Grant was sworn in to his second term as President.
- Levi Strauss & Co. first began manufacturing jeans.
- New York’s Central Park was officially completed.
- Jesse James and his gang pulled off the first successful train robbery in the American West, stealing $3,000.
- Remington and Sons of New York started production of the first practical typewriter.
- The first Preakness Stakes was run in Baltimore.
- Coors Brewing Company first began making beer in Golden, Colorado.
- Famed baseball player and manager John McGraw, etiquette expert Emily Post and criminal gang leader Ma Barker were all born.
- Salmon Chase, the sixth chief justice of the Supreme Court, and Johns Hopkins, founder of the famed university, both died.
The year was 1873 when William H. Riley and his son Elmer I. Riley founded a company in North Attleboro, Massachusetts, to sell coal, wood, straw and building materials. W.H. Riley & Son also moved furniture and performed other teaming services.
Nearly 150 years later, heating oil, propane gas, diesel fuel and heating and cooling equipment have replaced coal, wood and furniture moving. But W.H. Riley is still run by the same family, with the great- great- great- great- great-grandsons of William H. Riley now in management roles.
That kind of history provides customers in Southeastern Massachusetts with the knowledge that their heating and cooling needs are being handled by a reliable company with a long-running reputation for quality products and service.