It Won’t Be Long Now!
It’s hard to believe now, with the weather so warm. But it won’t be long before you’re going need heat. And when you do, you want your heating system to operate – and operate efficiently.
That’s why now is the best time to schedule a tune-up, before the autumn chill arrives. Tune-ups (sometimes called “system cleanings”) are typically recommended once a year. Not only do they ensure that the system is running properly, but they will ensure that the system is operating at peak efficiency. In fact, a tune-up can help reduce heating oil usage by up to 10%, according to the National Oilheat Research Alliance.
The experienced technicians at W.H. Riley & Son will do many tests to measure your system’s efficiency during the tune-up, then make adjust that can save you money on your annual heating costs. These tests may include:
- Draft overfire and stack temperature: These two tests measure the volume of air and amount of heat going up your chimney.
- Draft at breech: This measures the draft inside the system; a weak draft won’t vent combustion products properly. If the draft is too strong, however, heat will be pulled out of your home.
- CO2: Carbon dioxide (CO2) levels will be tested to see how airtight your system is. If a high level is found, our technician will know your system has air leaks. He will find these leaks and seal them.
- Smoke reading: Smoke indicates that not all of your fuel is turning into heat when burned. Smoke also forms a layer of build-up in your system, reducing efficiency.
- Total efficiency: This testing combines all of the readings taken to give an overall efficiency rating of your system. If the reading is too low, it may be time to replace your system.
To schedule a tune-up, please call us at 508-699-4651 or 508-822-1282 or send an email to email@example.com.